Tishchenko A.S., Koshchaev A.G., Yakovenko P.P., Volostnova A.A., Terekhov V.I.
Summary. The problem of the therapy of enteric infections that are widespread in Russia, neigh-boring and far-abroad countries remains extremely relevant for veterinary specialists. The aim of the study was to determine the sensitivity of various E. coli strains to antibiotics and to solve the problem of selecting new ways of treatment and prevention of enterotoxigenic escherichiosis infection in young cattle and pigs. Epizootic strains of Escherichia coli isolated from sick calves and piglets in unfortunate farms were used as research materials. To determine the sensitivity of isolated E. coli strains to antibacterial drugs we used disk diffusion method in agar using standard indicator disks. Prophylactic efficacy of anatoxins obtained by combining the escherichiosis antigenic toxoid component and adjuvants was determined on the basis of cattle and swine farms unfavorable for enterotoxigenic escherichiosis. As a result of the studies, it was found that isolates were resistant to most of the antibiotics used in the treatment of animals. The maximum antibiotic activity was observed for drugs of fluoroquinolones class, but they showed an intermediate result. Based on this result, an alternative in the treatment of young animals with escherichiosis using drugs based on inactivated E. coli toxins with the addition of adjuvants was proposed. While studying the efficacy of suggested biopreparation containing anatoxin with adjuvant complex (pyrogenal and polyacrylic acid solution), the safety in immunized calves was 100% at protective effect of 92%, in piglets - 96,2% and 84,9% respectively. Thus, the use of biopreparations based on inactivated E. coli toxins in combination with adjuvants during immunization of animals can be one of the alternatives to antibiotics in conditions of high antibiotic resistance of the pathogen of escherichiosis.
Keywords: Escherichia coli, escherichiosis, exotoxins, antibiotics, anatoxin, adjuvants, calves, piglets, antibiotic resistance.
1. Makarov Yu.A., Gorkovenko N.E., Kuzmenko A.M. Kishechnye infektsii novorozhdennykh telyat bakterialnoy etiologii [Intestinal infections of newborn calves of bacterial etiology]. - Doklady RASKHN, 2009 (2). - pp. 46-49.
2. Opredelenie chuvstvitelnosti mikroorganizmov k antibakterialnym preparatam. Metody kon-trolya. Biologicheskie i mikrobiologicheskie faktory [Determination of the sensitivity of microorganisms to antibacterial drugs. Control methods. Biological and microbiological factors]. - 2004. - 91 p.
3. Skorikov A.V., Dmitriev A.F., Terekhov V.I. Epizooticheskaya situatsiya po kolibakteriozu porosyat v Krasnodarskom krae [Epizootic situation on colibacillosis of piglets in Krasnodar region]. - Veterinariya Kubani. - 2015 (4). - pp. 3-6.
4. Terekhov V.I. Epizooticheskaya situatsiya po kolibakteriozu telyat v Krasnodarskom krae [Epizootic situation on colibacillosis of calves in Krasnodar region]. - Veterinariya Kubani. - Krasnodar, 2016 (3). - pp. 15-18.
5. Mishchenko A.S., Semenova E.I. Spetsificheskaya profilaktika esherikhioza, vyzvanogo enterotoksigennymi variantami Escherichia coli [Specific prevention of escherichiosis caused by enterotoxigenic variants of Escherichia coli]. - Effektivnoe zhivotnovodstvo. - 2022 (2 (177). - pp. 62-63.
6. Tishchenko A.S., Stepanenko A.V., Terekhov V.I. Ekzotoksiny patogennykh Escherichia coli [Exotoxins of pathogenic Escherichia coli]. - Veterinariya Kubani. -Krasnodar, 2020 (5). - pp. 3-7.
7. Turlyun V.I., Tuzov I.N., Yakovenko P.P. Izuchenie vozrasta i zhivoy massy pri pervom osemenenii telok golshtinskoy porody v usloviyakh intensivnoy tekhnologii proizvodstva moloka [Study of age and live weight at the first insemination of Holstein heifers in conditions of intensive milk production technology]. - Trudy Kubanskogo gosudarstvennogo agrarnogo universiteta. - Krasnodar, 2015 (56). -pp. 196-200.
8-10. Vide supra.
Tishchenko Aleksandr S., Ph.D. in Veterinary Medicine, head of Microbiology Laboratory of Biotechnology Center, docent of the Department of Microbiology, Epizootology and Virology of the Kuban State Agrarian University named after I.T. Trubilin; 13, Kalinina st., Krasnodar, 350044; phone: 8-928-4692399; e-mail: email@example.com.
Koshchaev Andrey G., D.Sc. in Biology, professor, Vice-Rector for Research of the Kuban State Agrarian University named after I.T. Trubilin; 13, Kalinina st., Krasnodar, 350044; phone: 8-861-2215637; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volostnova Anastasiya A., laboratory assistant of microbiology laboratory of Biotechnology Center of the Kuban State Agrarian University named after I.T. Trubilin; 13, Kalinina st., Krasnodar, 350044; phone: 8-962-0198362; e-mail: email@example.com.
Terekhov Vladimir I., D.Sc. in Biology, professor of the Pashkovsky Agricultural College; 220, E. Bershanskoy st., Krasnodar, 350910; phone: 8-988-4742115; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsible for correspondence with the editorial board: Yakovenko Pavel P., Ph.D. in Veterinary Medicine, scientific researcher of the Laboratory of Microbiology of the Biotechnology Center, docent of the Department of Microbiology, Epizootology and Virology of the Kuban State Agrarian University named after I.T. Trubilin; 13, Kalinina st. , Krasnodar, 350044; phone: 8-900-2360273; e-mail: email@example.com.